We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, contact us with the details.
We would ask that you attempt to resolve your matter with the person dealing with your matter however if you would prefer not to deal this person then the person with overall responsibility for complaints handling is Vaqas Latif, the Director for the Firm.
What Will Happen Next
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within seven working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Client Care partner/member, Vaqas Latif, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Vaqas Latif will then invite you to a meeting and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting Vaqas Latif will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Vaqas Latif will send you a detailed reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter. He will do this within 28 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the file and conclude his/her own decision. (We may ask our local Law Society or another local firm of Solicitors to review your complaint. If so, we will let you know how long this process will take).
- We may ask if you will agree to independent mediation. If so, we will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will write to you with the result of the review within 14 days of receiving your request, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or email them at email@example.com.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
We will ensure that your complaint is treated with confidentiality subject to our duties under the Solicitors Code of Conduct.